Search Meaning - encyclopedia - 2023
What is Search:
Search is the attempt to find something desired through attention, follow-through, pursuit, or any kind of effort.
A search can be for something material or immaterial:
- The search for something material, such as, for example, the search for people, animals, criminals or suspects is the effort made to find the reasons that it has disappeared in order to locate its whereabouts.
- The search for something immaterial, such as, for example, the search for happiness, reason or death involves an intellectual effort of each one to find the coherent path towards these states.
The search for information is the ability to find data that together give meaning to the goal, concept or desire that you want to find. The search for information can be analog or digital:
Analog information search
The search for analogous information is done through books, people, interviews, clues or other means, whose data is collected and chosen, organized and classified by the criteria of people and not by predefinition through machines or programs.
Search for digital information
The search for digital information is generally carried out through search engines, also called search engines, which are characterized by containing a large amount of organized and categorized information programmed to yield predefined results according to the keywords that are entered.
See also Finder.
The search engine Google, for example, has some of the following functions that make searching easier:
- voice search: it is the activation of the voice recognition program (microphone that is on the right side of the search bar) that enters what is said in the search engine without the need for the user to type it.
- advanced search: is the option to limit the search criteria so that the results are closer to what is desired.
- image search- The search engine is in a tab that will only return image results.
See also Google.